Trends we’re monitoring in 4Q22
- Price increase plans for 2023: Will vendors roll out the broader-scale price changes they are currently planning? How will these be messaged relative to inflation?
- Expansion revenue: As new logo acquisition slows for some companies, how will companies revisit packaging, including core plans, add-ons and/or new products, to increase average revenue per account?
- Pricing impact of acquisitions: Adobe’s acquisition of Figma for $20 billion was the main story in September. How will Figma’s pricing strategy be impacted, if at all, now that it is part of Adobe?
- Pace of pricing changes: Will this year be a learning moment, encouraging SaaS companies to more frequently update pricing?
- SaaS pricing transparency and complexity: Pricing complexity and enterprise requirements are losing traction as excuses for not publishing pricing. Will SaaS pricing continue to get more transparent and easier to understand?